Utilizing its massive reach across the country and deep array of traditional and new media platforms, CBS RADIO is taking a commanding step forward in the way they present and promote artists on-air, online, and through live experiences with listeners. Under the AMPLIFY program, CBS RADIO has created a series of exclusive national content initiatives that will grow the popularity of proven artists, as well as those on the rise across its Pop, Country, Rock, Adult Contemporary and Urban stations.
RCA Records recording artist Justin Timberlake and Warner Music-Nashville’s Blake Shelton will be the first to participate in AMPLIFY as Timberlake prepares to debut his third solo album, The 20/20 Experience on Tuesday, March 19, and Shelton’s Based on a True Story drops on Tuesday, March 26. Additionally, Swedish DJ Avicii will get the star treatment from CBS RADIO stations as they present the audience with this relatively new, but already accomplished, musician from Monday, April 1-Friday, April 5.
“Consumers have historically turned to radio to discover new music – a fact that remains true today,” said Dan Mason, President and CEO, CBS RADIO. “And with AMPLIFY, our stations are creating additional opportunities to showcase the incredible talents of the artists whose songs are destined to be among our favorites of all time, and providing fans with a deeper appreciation of what they hear on the radio.”
Added Greg Strassell, Senior Vice President, Programming, CBS RADIO, “Our programmers take their role in helping create the next breakthrough artist seriously. We are pleased to put forward a platform that will cultivate new music fans and drive more interest in the industry.”
CBS RADIO owns and operates more than 125 stations in 27 major markets, including all of the Top 10. In addition to its over-the-air broadcast properties, CBS RADIO offers consumers a variety of local and national digital assets including Radio.com, music and news mobile apps, and websites.
Elements of AMPLIFY include:
● IMPACT: When one of today’s biggest names in music is ready to unveil their latest project, CBS RADIO listeners will be sure to know about it through its IMPACT program. Extensive on-air promotion on format specific stations across the country will begin in the days leading up to the song or album debut, and a dedicated section on station websites will highlight the artist and provide an array of editorial features.
● LAUNCH: Chosen exclusively by CBS RADIO’s reputable programming team, LAUNCH artists are those rising stars of the music industry you absolutely need to be listening to. On-air programming will highlight clips from their latest release, and an extensive online companion will be available complete with artist specific pages, multi-media content and links to purchase music.
● ARTIST HOOK-UPS: Not your ordinary radio station event – these are once in a lifetime, money can’t buy experiences. Listeners can expect front row access, intimate settings, and unusual destinations as they join their favorite artists on a thrilling musical journey.
● SONG INTROS: Continuing ona path CBS RADIO set down several years ago intended to familiarize the audience with song titles and artists, stations will incorporate into their programming personalized intros voiced by the musicians themselves, offering candid insight into the stories and meaning behind their hit song or album.
● RADIO.COM: The online and mobile destination for the best in music, sports, talk and news programming, RADIO.com will take an active role in engaging fans with original audio and video content including streaming, exclusive editorial features, live and on-demand concerts and events, and rich storytelling. Select CBS Television Stations will also have the ability to showcase a sampling of this programming during their local newscasts, an opportunity exclusive to CBS RADIO.
CBS RADIO’s AMPLIFY with Justin Timberlake launches on Saturday, March 16 and continues through his album release. A promotion will provide the audience with the chance to win a copy of The 20/20 Experience, as well as qualify for a trip for two to one of the stops on Timberlake’s upcoming tour where they will meet the popular singer, songwriter, and actor, as well as watch him perform.
Blake Shelton fans will hear highlights from his new album and the artist himself on CBS RADIO’s 12 market leading country stations beginning on Saturday, March 23. Listeners will also be eligible to attend the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, with one grand prize winner receiving the chance of a lifetime to watch the show’s rehearsal and get a backstage tour with the best-selling country artist.