With extensive and varied coverage, prior to, during and following Super Bowl XLII, WBCN-FM – The Rock of Boston and www.wbcn.com’s most prominent hosts will take listeners LIVE to Arizona, where the New England Patriots will face the New York Giants.
Live coverage of Super Bowl XLII featuring the Patriots and the Giants will be broadcast on Sunday, Feb. 3. Extended pre-game coverage will begin at 3PM, ET with Gary Tanguay, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak followed by the voice of the New England Patriots Gil Santos and Gino Cappelletti who bring you the exclusive play by play action in high definition digital sound! Post game coverage will continue with Tanguay, Gresh and Zolak live from Arizona.
In addition to the special on-air coverage, the station will also feature the following
1. WIN SUPERBOWL TICKETS! Listen during the 1p, 5p and 7p hours (Wed to Wed, 1-23 to 1-30) to win the New England Patriots Three Rings to Glory DVD’s and qualify for the Grand Prize, a pair of tickets to Super Bowl XLII. WBCN’S Toucher & Rich will announce the winner on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 5pm.
2. SUNDAY SEND-OFF RALLY: The WBCN New England Patriots Rock Radio Network & Massachusetts’ Governor Deval Patrick will hold a send-off celebration for the Patriots at Gillette Stadium at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 27. Hosted by Gil Santos, fans are invited to see their heroes off in style prior to the team’s departure for Arizona.
3. THE WBCN AGONIZING RACE: WBCN’s afternoon drive program, Toucher and Rich will be sending show character’s Adolfo and Intern Nick on an “Agonizing Race” to the Super Bowl. Both will travel a low budget route by bus to Glendale, Arizona. Adolfo and Nick will leave Boston to head to NYC to show their Patriot pride, and report to the show each day. Pictures, recording audio and laptop video content will be uploaded each day to www.wbcn.com. Nick & Adolfo will receive tasks from T&R throughout their journey via Nashville, Dallas, El Paso and then in Phoenix. The two will also meet Patriots fans after the game. Their final reward for a “successful trip” is to not have to take the bus home. We’ll set them up with one-way flights back to Boston.
4. WBCN ON-LINE “LAST CALL” CONTEST: What will the Super Bowl last call be by Gil Santos? Listeners will be able to go to our website, wbcn.com and choose from potential last calls. It could be “Brady takes a knee, Randy Moss in the end zone- touchdown, Patriots with a kick on the way - it is good!”, among others. The correct pick scores a pair of tickets to the first home pre-season Patriots game next year!
5. WBCN BIG GAME SOUND OFF: Both WBCN and WFAN (in New York City) will participate in a “Big Game Sound Off” through the use of Voki avatars on our respective web sites. Listeners from both stations are encouraged to login, create a character, talk smack and upload pictures, text and audio. Listeners from both Boston and New York will be able to read and view what the other team is saying and vote for their favorite team.
6. WBCN WEB POLL: WBCN is currently hosting a poll online. If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, who will be the MVP? Listeners are directed to make their pick.
7. SCORE PREDICTION: We want fans to tell us what they think the exact score of the game will be to possibly win an autographed football from the Patriots’ Vince Wilfork. This contest will be found online at wbcn.com
8. MIDDAY REPORTS: Gil Santos will report to WBCN from Arizona during the Adam 12 program Tuesday through Friday during the week before the Super Bowl.
9. TEXT BLOGS: Gil Santos, Gary Tanguay, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak will do updated text blogs during the week prior to the Super Bowl at wbcn.com
10. AFTERNOON REPORTS: Toucher & Rich will feature various sports analysts reporting live during their program (3:00pm – 7:00pm) including members of the NYC Sports Media on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Gary Tanguay, Andy Gresh & Scott Zolak will report on Tuesday and Friday.
11. RECORDED SOUND: WBCN will post the audio from the daily press conferences next Monday-Friday at wbcn.com.
12. DOWNLOADS: wbcn.com will host the “Flying Elvis” logo/WBCN wallpaper for download and Gil Santos’ last call of the game as an available ring tone.
WBCN is owned and operated by CBS RADIO, one of the largest major-market radio operators in the United States. A division of CBS Corporation, CBS RADIO operates 140 radio stations, the majority of which are in the nation’s top 50 markets. CBS RADIO also owns and operates WBZ-AM, WZLX, WBMX and WODS in Boston.